Monday 10 September 2012

Review: Night of The Giant Everything by R.L Stine


"Welcome to the Hall of Horrors, HorrorLand's Hall of Fame for the truly terrifying.
When 11-year-old Steven Sweeney is tricked into drinking a strange mixture of chemicals by his classmates, things begin to get strange. Either his toothbrush is growing, or he is shrinking! Steven has to navigate his way through gigantic dust bunnies, enormous birds, and other once seemingly harmless, everyday items to get to his best friend's house for help. Will he be able to make it through the day and return to his original size?"-Amazon
My Review
I’m going to be honest. I really didn’t like this book. The plot was childish and cliché, the storytelling was adequate and the chapters were just plain exasperating. Yes, I meant the chapters, specifically the ends of them. In fact at the end of every single chapter the main character somehow manages to put himself into a bizarre near death experience, only to find he wasn’t in the least danger at all! Now I understand this was an attempt to “hook the audience”, but when an amateurish hook, is used 27 times, in 27 chapters, it starts to get predictable, Irritating and just plain annoying.;I started actually expecting the characters NDE’s. (Near death experiences);I am a very big fan of R.L Stine, and fully enjoyed Fear Street, however this book didn’t give me even the slightestGoosebump.
Rating: C
Note: If you are looking for a more mature goosebumps, try Fear Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment