Sunday 25 November 2012

CVC #1: Wereworld Vs Skulduggery Pleasant!

Heheh! Feast your eyes upon these two beastly covers! Bold, blue and however slightly frightening. First of all, you'll probably wondering what the big deal is...So I'll explain. Welcome to the brand  new segment I like to call CVC, short for Cover Versus Cover. Basically I give you two covers, a short analysis - as well as the authors name. Based on that- you'll vote for the cover you think best. The polls will be open until Thursday afternoon. My time. Well! lets get on with it!
                     This week's  contestants are Wereworld and Skulduggery Pleasant!

  1. The first cover is wereworld, clearly written about werewolves...or werepeople. A nice Gothic touch has been was added to the decorative blue background, as well as intricate imprints of animal heads. These animal heeads represent the 5 animal kingdoms. Now Notice how the silver frame pulls your eyes towards the middle? almost forcing you to look into the hawks eye? That is a very well balanced cover, it always draws your eye inward.           
  2. On to the second one! first off I Just wanted to say that I love skulduggery pleasant. Derek Landy is one of my favorite authors, who writes incredibly good books.....That being said... his covers are amazing. A dark blue-ish Gothic print, with a black and white background. Not to mention the glaring skeleton with the magical wolverine claws. Above all really it is the rugged black and white print that draws you in. its Scary, gothic and all-out epic.
O.K guys, time to vote. Your votes will be counted and tallied and will be revealed  to you on a Thursday night results post, So stay tuned!
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the book covers you see on this CVC post, However I am using them under the fair use act. Under fair Use I am allowed yo use these images as long as I am: Providing commentary (which I am) and or Providing criticism (which I am). Under fair use I must show where I have aquired these images from, you can find where I get these images from by clicking the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment