Friday 25 May 2012

E-Interview: Richard Newsome Author Of the Billionaires Curse!

Recently I had the unique pleasure of having an email interview with award winning author: Richard Newsome! Here's how the interview went down!
Here are the Interview Questions:
What was your original inspiration for The billionaires curse?
I actually dreamed the ending to the trilogy before I knew I had a story to tell. I was so taken by the ending that I needed to invent a tale to go before it. So if there was an inspiration, that was it.

Where did you get the idea of the Fraternity, in The Emerald Casket?
Before I sat down to write the three books, I wrote a short story just for myself that set out the basis for the adventure, and central to that was the story of the Fraternity. Without giving too much away, that was the seed from which everything else sprouted. It's important to have a backstory and a context from which any tale can grow.

After The Mask of Destiny, what do you plan on writing about?
I have just finished the manuscript for another adventure featuring Gerald, Sam and Ruby from the Archer Legacy books, but with a new villain and a new storyline. It's the first in another three books in the series, taking it to six in total.

Do you have any spoilers concerning your next literary adventure?
I am working on another middle grade series that is completely different to the Archer Legacy books. It will be another mystery adventure but set in a very different location and with very different characters. I'm quite excited about it actually.

Will you ever return, and extend the Archer Legacies?
(See response above)

What Advice do you give to new, aspiring authors?
Finish. Starting a book is as simple as buying a pencil and a notepad. But finishing? That's a totally different thing. Successful writers are finishers. They are obsessive, reclusive and determined. Quitting is not in the vocabulary. 

At what point did you decide Hey! I want to become an author.
I really wrote the first book just to see if I could actually complete it. It was a personal challenge. It wasn't until I actually found a publisher that the prospect of being a professional author even dawned on me.

When you were a kid, what books did you pick up and read?
I loved mysteries. The Three Investigators, The Hardy Boys, anything by Agatha Christie ... and comic books. I LOVED comic books. Any parents finding it hard to get their sons to read should invest in graphic novels and comic books. 

When you’re not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?
I have three kids. There is no spare time. But I enjoy shooting hoops with my daughters, having a hit of tennis with my son and escaping to the beach whenever I can. Writing is a sedentary past time, so I do enjoy getting up and moving. And going to watch the Reds play rugby whenever I can. I am a rugby tragic and could watch it played at any level. 

Anything else to say? (E.g. book promo’s… etc.)
The Mask of Destiny is just out in North America and it answers all the riddles and mysteries set up in The Billionaire's Curse and The Emerald Casket. And it's a cracking good read!

Thanks for the Interview!
To learn more about Richard Newsome go to:  http://www.richardnewsome.com/richardnewsome/Home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment